Given the setting of our school, congestion and traffic conflicts are not uncommon during peak hours. Please make every effort to adhere to the City of Coquitlam parking regulations and respect safe drop-off/pick-up practices. Follow the tips below to help increase the level of traffic and pedestrian safety around our school:
- Do not back up your vehicle or make U-turns.
- Be cautious when driving near the school and playground, especially near parked cars.
- Do not pass other vehicles in drive-through.
- Do not use the school bus zone or staff parking lot to drop off and pick up.
- Release children from your vehicle by the curb-side.
- Respect the speed limits and do not block crosswalks.
- Help your child learn how to cross the street safely and make eye contact with drivers of approaching vehicles.
During peak hours, school administration and parent volunteers (identified by orange safety vests) help facilitate orderly traffic flow and assist children in and out of the vehicles and schoolyard.