The PHPAC (Panorama Heights PAC) met on Monday January 28th and the minutes will be published on the school website when they are ready and approved. In the meantime, here are some key points that you should be aware of:
· Our new Traffic Coordinator, Rosie Kearney, really needs volunteers to help with traffic and the crosswalk after school. Her email address will be provided shortly but please feel free to just drop in and put on a vest!
· The Social Media session being put on by parent Emil Zimmermann is this week – Wednesday, January 30th from 6pm-8pm in the school library. Child-minding will be available for $5.
· Students are busy preparing for our Spring concert on March 12th and 13th. The performance date for each class should be out by the end of the week.
· Some school clubs have seen a dip in children showing up (Reading Link, Writing, Knitting). Sometimes kids just forget – parents may want to remind them in the morning on club days!
· Our treasurer, Sabrina Scardillo, has set up online Paypal payment. It was used very successfully with one class to pay for Hot Lunch in advance last week and we’ll be using it more for future events.
· The following events are upcoming:
- Social Media session on January 30th
- Student-led Conferences on February 7th
- Family Day on February 11th – the new public holiday! School will be closed.
- Walking School Bus on February 13th (second Wednesday of each month) – volunteers needed at 8:20am!!
- Valentine’s Day on February 14th
- Movie Night on February 21st – more details to follow
- Pro-D Day on Friday February 22nd
The next PAC meeting is February 25th.
That’s it for now … please contact your Class Rep with any questions.